Hiiiiii, a couple weeks ago I asked if you guys wanted to see our skincare routines so here is mineeeeeeee!!
I have combination skin where my forehead and t-zone is very oily and prone to breakouts, and the rest of my face a very dry, hence it’s a pain to find the right products.
Personally I like light creams that do it’s job, I hate the feeling of heavy cream on my face.
So for my routine I do:
- Spot Treatments
For the nighttime routine I don’t put on sunscreen of course 🙂
I exfoliate on Wednesday and Sunday and mask on Tuesday and Sunday.
So nowww for the products:
- L’Oreal Paris Fine Flower Cleanser. This cleanser is gentle and cleans my face pretty well without drying it out!
- Garnier Rose toner in the morning and L’Oreal Fine Flower Toner at night. I use 2 different toners because I want to keep the oil at bay in the morning and throughout the day even though the rose toner is for dry skin it doesn’t really hydrate in a sense. Then at night I use the L’Oreal one because I like to have more moisture in my skin at night so my skin is fully hydrated in the morning. Sometimes I use the Lancôme Tonique Confort Hydrating Toner when the areas of my face feel extra dry.
- Clean and Clear spot treatment/ Beauty Formulas blemish gel. I like to use both because it really tackles the spots but my favourite one, a bit pricey though is The Body Shop’s Tea Tree Oil, it could be irritating for sensitive skin because it is really strong so I don’t use it all the time.
- Simple Water Boost Day or Night cream. I love Simple, it does it’s job and it’s affordable and my skin likes it. It’s not oily or heavy, it replenishes the water loss in your skin. Plus gel formulas are better for combination skin because it’s not going to block your pores and increase oil production.
- Garnier 50+ Face Sunscreen/ Simple Moisturising Cream with SPF 30. Since I live in the UK it’s rare to see the sun so normally the Simple one is my go to but when there’s sun I use the Garnier one. It’s extremely important to wear sunscreen even when there’s no sun because the UV rays will cause premature ageing, sunspots, and many other complications. SO WEAR YOUR SUNSCREEN!!!!
For scrubs I’ve been loving the St. Ives Pink Lemon and Mandarin Orange scrub, it makes my face feel so smooth afterwards and I think it really works. The scrub itself is very fine and I love using it. I’ve heard a lot about chemical exfoliation so I’m planning to try some from Ordinary or The Inkey List. Maybe I’ll do a review of it when I do try it!!
For masks, there’s a lot that I’ve tried and I like to multimask because of my combination skin. For the dry areas I like using the No7 Beautiful Skin Hydration mask and for the oily areas or when I have bad acne I use any charcoal mask, I think they all work the same.
Have fun and experiment with it!!
Lots of Love