Yayyyyyy, we made it!! Hopefully 2021 will be a better year, but unpopular opinion, I liked quarantine. It was really beneficial for me as a person and I feel like I’ve grown as a person, even though it was hard not seeing my friends, I spent time with my family and I had the chance to find myself after losing myself in the stress of exams and drama with people.
For the New Year I want to carry on improving as a person and these are my resolutions:
- Study and focus more – now that it’s A-Levels, I can’t just wing it. I have to study and work hard for it.
- Work out more often – Now that there’s no PE in 6th Form, I have to stay healthy one way or another.
- Take the stairs, and walk instead of asking my sister to get things for me – if I don’t move other than the hour of working out, then it’s useless
- Stretch daily – I want to grow taller and it only works if it’s consistent.
- Read books when I can – I have quite long train journeys to school so I need to stop using my phone and read an actual book.
- Spend less money – this is a big one for me because I don’t tend to spend money on random things, but the whole of 2020 I bought 12 pairs of shoes, and it would be find it was cheap shoes, but I was buying Dr Martens, Vans, Timberlands, Miss KG and those expensive brands.
- Look after my eyesight – My eyesight are getting worse and worse and eventually I want to do Lasik eye surgery, so if my eyesight gets too bad, the surgery won’t work on me.
Normally, I would do 10, just because the numbers look complete, but I only have 7 resolutions.
Now onto how to stick with your resolutions because a lot of people would write out their resolutions but not follow through with it. I mean, I had “drink more water” on mine for a few years and I finally achieved that. So here are a few tips:
- Write it in big words and place it somewhere in your room so you’re always reminded of it.
- Always have these goals subconsciously at the back of your mind.
- No matter how much you don’t want to do it, you have to force yourself to do it.
I believe in you!! Happy New Year!!
Lot’s of Love,