We all have those nights when we lay in bed for hours and hours and just can’t sleep, then resulting in you feeling extremely irritated. Trust me, we’ve all been there AT LEAST once in our life.
Before you sleep try to do the following:
- Drink chamomile tea – it calms you down and promotes sleep/relaxation.
- Lower your room temperature
- Spray a sleeping pillow mist, or put a few drops of lavender essential oil on your pillow before sleeping.
- Don’t drink caffeine anywhere near your bedtime.
- Don’t look at any electronic screens about an hour before you sleep
- Try reading a very boring book.
- Try thinking about a happy time and calm your mind.
When you’re sleeping try to do the 4-7-8 method – breathe in for 4 seconds, hold for 7 second, then breathe out for 8 seconds. Repeat until you fall asleep.
Additional tips would be keeping your room nice and clean, because having a cluttered room that’s dirty will make you subconsciously feel uncomfortable and will disrupt your sleep. Try not to eat a lot before you sleep as well because your digestive system needs to rest too.
Try to sleep before 11pm because 11-2am is when your body detoxes itself so you should be asleep when that happens 🙂
Lots of love
Good luck 🙂