Hey guys I hope you are all keeping well, I know that most people if not all have started school now , and you’ve probably forgotten how stressful it can be and aren’t as use to this level of stress anymore after months and months of just being at home. And before we get too deep into the school year , I want to remind you all of a couple things….
WELLBEING OVER GRADES
I cannot stress how much this is true , I don’t care what anyone else says , you should always prioritise your own mentality over grades. Numbers on a paper do not define you and are not worth you going into dark place for . No I’m not saying school isn’t important or that you shouldn’t focus on your academics, but if you aren’t feeling okay mentally then check up on yourself, take a break. or even take a day off of school if that helps but please never ever ignore how you’re feeling, just for the sake of good grades. It will only do you more harm than good.
Mental health is not something small that should be shut away or ignored, mental health if not attended to can begin to affect you physically and dictate how you act and conduct yourself in day to day life.
Know that it’s okay not to always be on your A game or to take a break from focussing on your academics, and think about it this way , if you don’t deal with your mental health than your grades will begin to drop as well.
TIPS FOR MENTAL HEALTH WHILE IN SCHOOL
- Talk to a friend or confide in someone you trust
- Don’t be afraid to tell your teachers or someone of authority if things are getting too much for you.
- Take mental health days
- Make sure you are eating
- Carry a water bottle with you and any medication you may need
- find secluded areas in school to sit alone if need be
- Keep active
- Don’t sleep late at night
- Listen to music walking too and from school,if that helps calm you down and clear your mind
- Write down your thoughts and feelings if that helps.
- Focus on the good not the bad parts of your day
Remember guys you are loved, you are strong and you are worthy of happiness, you’ve already gotten through all your bad days, you got this !!! and feel free to DM us on insta is you ever need someone to talk to 💕