Hey guys I’m finally back with another advice/school related post! I personally know what It’s like to be doing bad in school while knowing you have the potential to do so much better, and I know how discouraging it can be to get a bad score in a test. I’ve often been given a lot of advice and I believe I have come up with some Tips that really do work in helping up your grades.
- First of Prioritise your Mental Health, do whatever it takes to detox and get your mind set to where it needs to be I’ll link a few posts that I’ve previously written on mental health if you need somemore help : -Selfcare and mental health post, the battle between school and mental health post
- Get yourself out of toxic situations and away from people who could affect your ability to do well academically. This is easier said than done but you got this!!!!
- Find a quiet place for studying with limited distractions
- Find a revision method that works for you, for example some people are visual learners so prefer using videos
- Recap what you learnt on the same day and make notes on the topic
- Use flashcards to test yourself
- Do exam questions and practise papers
- Use old test results to identify areas of weakness and revise on it !
- Don’t study non stop for long hours , instead divide them into manageable chunks and take breaks in between
- Don’t stress and don’t cram this often causes you to forget the things already committed to memory
- Print off the specification for each subject and highlight the information you know and go back on what you don’t know
- Don’t just learn the words without understanding the meaning and how it links to the topic!
- Practise, practise, practise !! and always recap things you already revised after a week or two so you never forget what you learnt. 🦋
I hope these tips were useful 😉 and I wish you all the best in your studies, but remeber tests don’t define you and it really is just a memory game !!!